What is subluxation?
A subluxation is a misaligned vertebra causing interference due to nerve messages that floe through your body and brain. It may involve your muscles, discs, ligaments, tendons and other body parts as well.
What is a spinal adjustment?
A spinal adjustment is a special procedure your chiropractor uses to correct or relieve the vertebral subluxation complex. It can be a very powerful procedure. At the moment the chiropractor corrects the vertebral subluxation, the flow of nerve impulses over the spinal cord and nerves is normalized and your body begins to renew and rebuild itself.
Chiropractic Adjusting Techniques
Not all chiropractors work alike. The chiropractic profession has developed nearly a hundred different methods used to analyze and adjust the subluxation. The methods are referred to as techniques. Most chiropractors are familiar with at least a few of the many techniques available. All chiropractors have the same goal in common – the elimination or reduction of the subluxation.
Facts about Chiropractic
- The word chiropractic means “done by hand”
- Chiropractic was discovered by D.D. Palmer in 1895
- Chiropractors are the only health care professionals that specialize in finding and correcting subluxations
- The chiropractic adjustment is a gentle and specific force designed to correct subluxations
- There are three phases of chiropractic care:
1. Initial Intensive Care
2. Corrective Care
3. Wellness Care
- Subluxation robs the body’s ability to focus, think, organize and heal
- Health is more than the absence of illness; health is a state of optimum physical, mental and social well being